Our Bridgeway program helps adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities lead fulfilled, independent lives. It does this through supervised-living, supportive employment, and job-discovery services for men and women 18 years and older.
Our 24-unit complex in Picayune, Mississippi, features 24 fully equipped, energy-efficient units, and so much more.
- Fully accessible, one-bedroom, single-occupancy apartments
- Comfortable, relaxing community area for social activities
- Exercise room and laundry facilities
- Outdoor recreational area
- Regular, planned social events and outings
- Wellness programs
- Staff support – 24-hours a day, 365 days a year
- Job discovery
- Job placement
- Job coaching and training
- On-the-job supervision
Bridgeway’s supported employment provides training, ongoing supervision, and coaching to the employee – at no cost to the employer. By hiring a person with intellectual or developmental disabilities, you support your community and provide loyal and hard-working employees to your business.
Developmentally disabled persons have no more accidents or injuries than do other workers. Moreover, we’ve designed our training procedures to minimize accident risk. We provide job trainers – at no additional cost to the employer. It’s a win for all.
- Potential tax credits
- Employee loyalty
- Low absenteeism
- Employee retention
- Dependable employees able to work 2-20 hours per week