We give youth the support they need to meet the day-to-day demands of adult life.
Services provided by the IL Team
- Job prep/work readiness
- Life skills instruction
- Request personal documents (birth certificate, Social Security card, state I.D. card)
- College prep (help completing college testing, federal financial aid applications, campus tours)
- Community resource referrals
- Complete medical coverage application
Kansas is a rural state, so knowing how to drive is a necessity. Young people must learn to drive so they can hold a job and go to college. Plus, Driver’s Education lowers their car insurance. We pay for their Driver’s Education so they can learn to drive safely and legally and earn their license.
Learn how you can help a young person learn to drive by clicking below.
RYAC (Regional Youth Advisory Council)
RYAC teaches young people the skills they’ll need to function as self-sufficient, capable adults. Participants form friendships with other youth in foster care and discuss their concerns. Most importantly, it empowers them by valuing their voice and giving them the tools they need to advocate for themselves and others.
Youth-led and adult-supported, RYAC provides mentors and professionals to teach life skills such as:
- Daily Living
- Relationships and Communication
- Work and Study Life
- Housing and Money Management
- Career and Education Planning
- Looking Forward