Can I be a foster parent? YES!
By meeting the following requirements and making the decision to open up
your heart and your home, you can bring hope to a child that needs you.
- Be 21 years of age or older
- Take 30 hours of pre-service training
- Pass criminal and child welfare clearance checks
- Have a source of income other than foster care reimbursement
- Own or rent a residence that meets all state requirements
- Be willing to work as part of a professional team
New! Connecting Caregivers Resource Page on Facebook
Prospective and current foster parents, adoptive parents, and kinship families can use this page to find upcoming trainings, resources in their community, and support with other families: Connecting Caregivers FB Page