Saint Francis Ministries Capacity Building
Saint Francis Ministries in Texas has opportunities to look at innovative ways to ensure we are creating much-needed capacity in the Panhandle.
Capacity Building – Purpose
The purpose of capacity-building funding is to increase capacity in Region 01 to help create an environment where children and families will be successful in their communities. Saint Francis has created a Capacity Building Plan in partnership with current SSCCs and a Regional plan focused on achieving the following outcomes:
- 10% increase in placement stability for children
- 50% increase in Treatment Foster Care(TFC) Capacity in Region 1
- 15% increase in stabilization of kinship placements
- 25% increase in in-region placements for children
- 5% increase in placements of children in their communities
Based on legislative language the funding needs to meet the below criteria for request:
- Supplemental payments to retain providers and increase provider capacity.
- Targeted foster care capacity grants across this state to address the existing foster care capacity shortage.
- The grants should focus on:
- Region 01
- Serving children with the highest level of need
- Expanding certain types of placements and bringing new providers and capacity online
- Promoting long-term viability of child placements
Saint Francis has elected to look at various funding streams as indicated in the Capacity Building Plan.
Saint Francis Ministries SSCC Capacity Building Application