Offering Hope to Families in Crisis
Our Family Preservation program serves children and families in 75 Kansas counties. Families are referred to Saint Francis by the Kansas Department for Children and Families. Each referral begins with an assessment that:
- Identifies priorities, concerns, and characteristics unique to the family;
- Helps Saint Francis identify supports that can keep children in the home;
- Provides information needed to develop a case plan that serves as a map for the family’s journey towards healing.
How It Works
Upon referral, each family is assigned a licensed therapist/case manager and a family support worker. This is the Preservation Team. In addition, families are provided:
- Contact information and a phone number where they can reach their Preservation Team 24 hours a day.
- 15-minute response times from Saint Francis.
- Local offices where they can meet in person with Saint Francis staff within one hour of a crisis situation developing.
- 12 months of post-referral services.