Family Prevention | Programs and resources to help strengthen and heal
Using evidence-based practices, Family Preservation staff members help parents strengthen parenting skills, develop structure within the family, and improve the family’s ability to handle stressors.
- In-home family therapy
- Case management
- Parenting education
- Early education
- Financial education
- 24/7 crisis response
Our programs are designed to provide the skills and knowledge necessary to effect lasting, positive change with troubled, at-risk families.
- Strengthening Families: A 10-lesson Family Skills course for parents and children.
- Healthy Relationships: This curriculum uses positive child development and parent-child connectedness activities to support healthy relationships and lower the likelihood of teen pregnancy.
- Seeking Safety: This is a program teaches coping skills to people that have experienced trauma and/or substance abuse.
- Pregnant Women’s Health: Pregnant Women’s Health uses a gender-specific treatment approach to work with pregnant women who use/abuse substances.
Many organizations offer vital assistance throughout our community. Click on the links to find the help you need.
- United Way
- Domestic Violence: Kansas Crisis Hotline
- Energy Assistance
- Cash Assistance
- Food Assistance
- KanCare | Medical Assistance
- Early Childhood
DCF Protection Report Center +1 800 922 5330 United Way: 211 Kansas 211 Domestic Violence: Kansas Crisis Hotline +1 888 363 2287 Energy Assistance +1 800 432 0043 Early Childhood +1 800 203 9462